YML/Yayans Madden League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YML/Yayans Madden League

You think you can win?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trades

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Touchdow

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Trades   Trades Empty6/23/2007, 10:16 pm

Personally I think there's been too much controversy in trades. There should be a bit of a leeway or else no team is going to improve. This is a madden league where we try to keep things realistic, and there's no people saying if trades are fair in the NFL. Not that im saying a trade council is bad, but we have to allow for some sort of a leeway here.

things we should take into consideration:
-age of players
-players abilities
-players potential
-position of the players (you cant compare a 90 C to a 90 QB)
-the needs that the teams have

I think these last two are going over-looked in some cases.

Last edited by on 7/1/2007, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silvabil

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/23/2007, 10:17 pm

good point there zoom
Back to top Go down
Emmitt22

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/23/2007, 10:17 pm

I 100% agree
Back to top Go down
yayanjl
Admin
yayanjl

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/23/2007, 10:18 pm

This is an announcement.
Back to top Go down
Emmitt22

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/23/2007, 10:18 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
daBEARS

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/24/2007, 12:06 pm

this is exactly what i said last night. this league just started and council people are already down peoples throats...not gonna name names.
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/24/2007, 12:12 pm

my take on it is, as part of the trade council we are not here to make decisions for people, being the GM of the team means you have to make your own decisions that you think will better your team. I believe we should help people realize facts about people that they may have not know IE age, rating, stats....and then from there it is thier own choice of who they want to trade for who and why...obviously there are some cases where we need to step in when its clear someone is getting taken advantage of but other than that, it is everyone who is GMing a teams responsibility to make the right decisions for thier team. Like BigZ said in BML, Rodger Godell doesn't approve and dissaprove trades in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
daddie71

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/24/2007, 1:28 pm

I personally think the trade council is crucial to keeping this fun. I understand team needs and youth. But you cant tell me that all the trades made at the BML were even close to fair. I think that keeping this on the up and up is what makes it fun. Already the SD trades have got me nervous about putting any time into this at all. Granted you should have some lea way but Big Z was basically in controll of 3 teams. It hard to enjoy this without someone or a concil overseeing. I just want to keep it fun.
Back to top Go down
SimsZill

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/24/2007, 1:32 pm

daddie7120 wrote:
I personally think the trade council is crucial to keeping this fun. I understand team needs and youth. But you cant tell me that all the trades made at the BML were even close to fair. I think that keeping this on the up and up is what makes it fun. Already the SD trades have got me nervous about putting any time into this at all. Granted you should have some lea way but Big Z was basically in controll of 3 teams. It hard to enjoy this without someone or a concil overseeing. I just want to keep it fun.

he was?
Back to top Go down
daddie71

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty6/24/2007, 1:37 pm

The reason I quit the league was the fact that he was caught running the lions, jets and cleveland. I dont know this for sure but when I asked about how they never show up on line together he got all defensive. I really would rather play on a more fair playing field, I mean this was just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades   Trades Empty

Back to top Go down

Trades
Page 1 of 1